Warehouse Manager – Abbeville, SC
The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for all activities related to shipping, receiving and coordination with trucking carriers as well as the flow of raw materials and finished goods transfers within facility and related recordkeeping, and will also plan and facilitate activities of assigned personnel.
- Comprehensive management of warehouse, receiving and shipping activities to ensure maximum monthly shipping levels are achieved.
- Compliant with all company safety, health, and environmental policies.
- Sees to equipment and maintains warehouse areas in safe condition. Eliminates hazards.
- Assures warehouse personnel are compliant and knowledgeable of safety requirements for lift truck operation.
- Manages the activities of a group of warehouse personnel to receive, check, deliver and ship finished goods.
- Establishes schedules and standards of performance.
- Plans and assigns work to make the most efficient use of personnel to complete workloads
- Anticipates and investigates causes of delays or inadequate performance and takes corrective action within scope of authority.
- Communication liaison between production and customer service to coordinate and provide optimum shipping services to customers with minimal costs.
- Works to consolidate less than full truckloads for improved rates.
- Manages export shipments and related documents.
- Supervises the receipt of incoming supplies and materials.
- Schedules the movement of raw materials from warehousing to manufacturing.
- Maintains storage of raw materials and finished products.
- Responsible for assuring accurate document processing and maintenance of recordkeeping to control receipts and dispersals.
- Assures bills of lading are accurate and complete
- Stays current with applicable transportation regulations and tariffs
- Resolves customer complaints regarding shipments, monitors shipping errors and takes appropriate action, resolves claims with carriers.
- Housekeeping, organization of warehouses for finished goods and work in process materials
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience in Warehouse/Logistics
Experience: 3 + year supervision preferred
Skills: Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Effective interpersonal skills
Requires licensing as a lift truck operator
The successful candidate will be self-starting, hands-on, organized and a team player with a desire to excel.
Thermaflex offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Group Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment q3ualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”